False eyelashes are the ultimate game-changer when it comes to enhancing your natural beauty. They instantly add a touch of glamour and drama to your eyes, making them look bigger, brighter, and far more alluring. Whether you’re attending a special occasion or just want to spice up your everyday makeup routine, false eyelashes can completely transform your look and give you that extra boost of confidence that you need.
But with so many different false eyelashes available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect pair for your specific needs. In this article, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about false eyelashes, including how to choose the right pair for your eye shape, how to apply them seamlessly, and how to maintain them for long-lasting wear.
The Different Types of False Eyelashes
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of false eyelashes, let’s first explore the different types of false eyelashes that are available in the market. Knowing the type of false eyelashes that suits your preference and needs is essential for creating the desired look.
1. Strip False Eyelashes: These are the most common type of false eyelashes, and they come in a single band that is pre-glued or requires eyelash glue. They can be trimmed to fit your eye shape and allow for a full and dramatic look.
2. Individual False Eyelashes: These are individual lashes that are glued to the base of your natural lashes to create a more natural-looking lash line. They can be used to create a subtle look or to add fullness to sparse or thin lashes.
3. Magnetic False Eyelashes: These are the latest innovation in false eyelashes, which use magnetic strips instead of adhesive. They’re easy to apply, long-lasting and are easy to remove.
Choosing the Right Pair of False Eyelashes
Choosing the right pair of false eyelashes can make all the difference in achieving the desired look. Here are some things to consider when selecting a pair of false eyelashes.
1. Eye Shape: Different eye shapes require different types of false eyelashes. For example, those with almond-shaped eyes can use lashes that are longer in the center, while those with round eyes can use lashes that have a longer outer corner. Those with hooded eyes should use lashes that are longer in the center to lift the eyes and create a more open appearance.
2. Lash Length and Style: The length and style of false eyelashes you choose also play a significant role in the overall look. If you’re going for a natural look, you might prefer shorter, wispy lashes that blend seamlessly with your natural lashes. For a more dramatic look, you might want to opt for longer, thicker lashes with a more intense curl.
3. Lash Material: false eyelashes come in different materials such as synthetic, silk, and mink. Synthetic lashes are usually the most affordable and can create a more dramatic look, while silk and mink are softer and more lightweight, creating a more natural look.
Application of False Eyelashes
Once you’ve chosen the perfect pair of false eyelashes, the next step is to apply them seamlessly. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply false eyelashes like a pro.
1. Prepare Your Natural Lashes: Before applying false eyelashes, make sure that your natural lashes are clean and dry. Curl them with an eyelash curler, and apply a coat of mascara to create a sturdy base for your false eyelashes to adhere to.
2. Measure the False Lashes: Place the false eyelashes over your natural lash line to determine if they fit. If they’re too long, trim the ends to fit your eye shape.
3. Apply Eyelash Glue: Squeeze a small amount of eyelash glue onto the back of your hand or a flat surface. With a small brush, apply the glue evenly along the strip, making sure to focus on the ends.
4. Apply the Lashes: Using tweezers or your fingers, place the false lashes as close to your natural lashes as possible, starting from the center and working outwards. Press them gently into place and hold them for a few seconds until the glue dries.
5. Finish with Mascara: Once the glue has dried, finish the look by applying another coat of mascara to blend your natural and false lashes together.
Maintaining Your False Eyelashes
To get the most wear out of your false lashes, it’s essential to take proper care of them. Here’s a few tips on how to maintain your false eyelashes.
1. Remove Them Carefully: Always remove your false lashes gently by starting at the outer corner and pulling them off inwards. Pulling too hard can damage the false lashes and your natural lashes.
2. Clean Them Thoroughly: Clean your false eyelashes after every use. Soak them in a bowl of mild, soapy water for a few minutes to remove any leftover glue and makeup, and gently scrub them with a small brush. Rinse them with water and leave them to dry on a tissue.
3. Store Them Properly: Store your false eyelashes in a clean, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can use an eyelash case to keep them safe and protected.
The Bottom Line
Adding false eyelashes to your makeup routine can completely transform your look and give you that extra boost of confidence that you need. With various types and styles available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect pair. Remember to consider your eye shape, lash length, style and material when selecting a pair of false eyelashes. Applying false eyelashes is easier when you measure the strip, applying them from the center and outwards with eyelash glue. Lastly, always take proper care of your false eyelashes to get the most wear out of them. Try false eyelashes today and say goodbye to boring eyes!